There are a number of reasons why you may need a headshot by a professional photographer. Whether it’s corporate headshots or creative industry headshots such as acting headshots, model portfolio photography or business images for the work you do.
There are a few important steps to taking a good headshot.
- Ensure the lighting is clean, even and colour balanced.
- Decide on professional studio head shots or an outdoor setting (this will effect the time of your shoot according to the best light)
- Look for a commercial or portrait photographer who can take your images. The end result will be worth the quality and longevity of the image.
- Wear something plain on top, there’s nothing worse than knowing what year an image was taken by the fashion worn.
- Keep it simple- a plain block coloured t-shirt or crisp white shirt won’t ever date. For corporate head shots a classic navy or black well fitted suit is perfect.
- Show some personality, a good photographer will capture your personality while keeping it sharp and professional.
- Natural works everytime, don’t overdo the make up or smile, keep it light and fresh